In my last post CFBC YOUTH LEADERSHIP TEAM CORE VALUES I talked about listening to God for direction. I know that some are going to ask me how in the world I filter through what is actually from God, and what is actually from my self-centered brain. So this post is dedicated to helping you understand the filters I have and use as I work in leadership.
- What does the Bible say?
- What do wise and godly people say?
- What does my experience say?
- What does the SPIRIT say?
- Does this negatively impact the vision of our ministry? Our Church?
- Am I excited about this?
- Is this a temporary solution?
- Is this extravagance or excellence?
- Will this benefit the ministries vision? The churches vision?
I find that I ask myself these questions often as I am planning a lesson, planning events, going into meetings, or anything I do that pertains to the ministries I am involved in.
I hope this helps you to understand my though process as I lead.